Thursday 11 June 2015

I Love My Trina Bean

A few days ago my sister wrote a blog post that was extremely personal, and might I add very brave. She was acknowledging her battles with weight gain and loss, and the struggles that goes along with it. It was a brief but strong post.

If you were to ever meet my sister you'd never guess she had any issues. She is a very confident and strong person. I think she is completely beautiful, inside and out, but I'm biased.... But she is.

My sister wasn't exactly dealt the best hand in life. She was born premature which caused her to have both vision and hearing difficulties. She was born with a squint (however she has had surgery to fix it) but her sight is still weak and she has to wear glasses, and she is 100% deaf in one ear and 20% in the other. To add to that she also has dyslexia, although that was something that wasn't diagnosed until she was in university. 

She was bullied her whole childhood, no matter what school she went to she always ended up being picked on. Because she struggled in school (due to her undiagnosed dyslexia) everyone saw her as stupid and constantly told her she was too dumb to make anything of herself. Even the teachers. They were cruel.

And because she was quite small and weak, she was always the one that got beaten up. She was an easy target. She was too small to defend herself and too sweet to say anything mean. Our older sister used to pick on her quite a bit too, because she hung out with the 'cool' kids and wanted to impress them. It was never me, only Trina.

I tried my best to protect her. Although I was her younger sister, I kinda turned into her bodyguard. I always had her back. I remember one time when we were younger (I think I was ten) we were on holiday at the time, this one kid, a stupid ugly thug, started teasing her. He was being a right shit.... so I hit him. Punched him right in his dumb face. 

Now, she is an adult, and she has really made something of herself. She has a Masters in HR, and works as a senior HR business partner. So she totally proved all those idiots wrong.

She is married, to an awesome guy. He really is the ying to her yang. And he is like the brother I never wanted. They now own a house and are building a life together. It makes me so happy to know that she is happy.

I'm just writing this small blog to acknowledge how much I love my sister and how proud I am of her. She may be struggling with her weight right now but considering how far she has come.... its nothing more than a glitch. She will get where she wants to be. She always does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment